Biology Tutuor Book
Third Edition, © 2007
Biology Tutor was originally created for instructors at schools that do not have a required lab class. It is designed as a workbook to serve non-major, biology lecture students. Biology Tutor requires no lab equipment, but its design mimics the laboratory experience and assists your lecture students in understanding difficult biological concepts.Order Now
- Biology Tutor contains 9 chapters that can be used as 'no-setup' labs.
- There are also 5 tutorials in which students read material and answer questions that strengthens the depth of their knowledge.
- Every exercise in every lab has been classroom tested. The experiments work.
- The labs simplify difficult scientific concepts without oversimplifying the text. It makes learning biology fun.
- Your students will love your class!
- Science and Human Perception
- Chemistry Concepts
- Photosynthesis & Respiration
- Diet Analysis
- Genes & Protein Synthesis
- Sameness & Variety
- Dimensional Realms
- Patterns In Nature
- Human Evolution
- Are Humans Doomed To Intuition?
Supplements Included with Lab Books
Instructor Guide—The answer book. Our guide orients new teachers to your program. It is the ideal aid for tutors.
Lab Tech Guide—The supply book. It lists materials, suppliers, part numbers, and costs for each activity. Hints for setups and budgeting are included. Our guide makes your lab technician’s job much easier.
BONUS! Laboratory Signs—Over 200 laminated signs identify classroom setups, the location of materials, and student safety procedures. They organize your lab and direct students through the experiments.
“Biology Lab Book is the best lab book I’ve used in lab preparations. Materials are inexpensive, easy to find, and illustrate biological principles in wonderfully clear ways. Best of all, students are encouraged to think and have fun doing it.
—Barbara Hampson, Senior Laboratory Technician
“Don’t let the simple format fool you! Students come away from these labs with a very sophisticated understanding of the fundamentals of biology.”
—Russell Di Fiori, Botany and General Biology Instructor
“I’ve used at least 10 different biology lab books... Biology Lab Book is the first one that my students can follow and actually learn from. I love the questions. They make my students think!”
—Denise Vizcarra, Ecology and General Biology Instructor
“This is the best lab manual I’ve ever used, as a student or as a teacher. It encourages the student to think critically and independently, while giving them the guidance and direction they need. What a refreshing change!”
—Rebecca L. C. Bailey, General Biology Instructor